X420 - dots on screen

Kfir Lavi 46is1 at 012.net.il
Sun Aug 4 17:15:04 PDT 2002

hi,
i have this problem.
i have compiled X but when i  starting the twm it looks with dots on the
screen and you dont see the words correctly.
my friend said that 4.2.0 has bugs and i shuld go a version back.
this think happend also with the installation of redhat 7.3 with kde.
the kde desktop looked very scattered with dots.
when i'm starting the x server it starts good but the log file shows thet it
has 2 errors (EE) with the graphic card.
i have cirrus logic 1 mb 5230/40 .
my computer is old. its p100 with 14'' disply with 640x480.
tnx
kfir

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org