java problem

Georg Schinnerl a_d_s_o_n at gmx.at
Sun Aug 4 23:24:15 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tushar Teredesai" <tush at yahoo.com>
To: <blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2002 10:20 PM
Subject: Re: java problem

> Georg Schinnerl wrote:
>
> >but when trying to compile the sources i run into the following troubles:
> >
> >1.
> >
> >the "/java/re/javaws/1.0.1_02/archive/fcs/bundles/"  path is defined in
the
> >j2se/make/common/Defs-linux.gmk file
> >as _JAVAWS_PATH variable
> >
> >2.
> >
> >/bin/cat common/rpm-jre.spec >>
> >/usr/src/blfs/java/control/build/linux-i386/tmp/jre-rpm.spec
> >/bin/mkdir /usr/src/blfs/java/control/build/linux-i386/i386
> >/bin/rpm -bb --rmsource --target i386-Sun-Linux
> >/usr/src/blfs/java/control/build/linux-i386/tmp/jre-rpm.spec
> >make[1]: /bin/rpm: Command not found
> >make[1]: *** [bundle-jre] Error 127
> >make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/blfs/java/j2se/make'
> >make: *** [j2se-build] Error 2
> >[root at lfs make]#
> >

> >i don't really know why i need rpm to build the sources ???
> >

> I think you have forgotten to set/export some variables, specifically
> the ALT_BOOT_DIR and DEV_ONLY=true. There is no need for
> /etc/redhat-release file, though putting it in doesn't hurt either.
>
> export ALT_BOOTDIR="$JAVA_HOME"
> export ALT_MOTIF_DIR=$SRC
> export ALT_MOZILLA_PATH=$SRC
> export ALT_DEVTOOLS_PATH="/usr/bin"
> export MILESTONE="ttcompiled"
> export BUILD_NUMBER=`date +%s`
> export DEV_ONLY=true
> export OTHER_LDFLAGS="-lpthread"
> unset JAVA_HOME
> unset CLASSPATH
>

> --
> Tushar Teredesai
> LFS ID: 1377
> http://www.geocities.com/tush/lfs/
>

> --

yes - i didnt' set the DEV_ONLY variable

thought it can be set but must not

it compiled fine over night

just one comment to the hint:
a missing dependency: it needs cpio to compile
it's not mentioned in the javafromscratch hint

thanx a lot - mozilla also compiled fine ...
next try is openoffice :-)))

have a nice day - Georg

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org