/proc gets mounted automatically?

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Mon Aug 5 03:29:05 PDT 2002

Was it Oliver Brakmann who wrote on Friday 04 August 2000 15:50:
> Hi group,
>
> I've wanted to ask this for a long time now, but
> never got around to it. So here goes:
>
> On my system, I do not run the /etc/rc.d/init.d/mountproc script.
> The mountfs scripts doesn't mount /proc either. But /proc is
> mounted and is listed in /proc/mounts as the third entry, right
> after root and devfs, which gets mounted automagically by the kernel.
> Now, does the kernel do the same for /proc?
> I never saw something like that in the kernel configuration.
>
> Has anybody more insight than poor me? :-)

I thought everything in /etc/fstab without the 'noauto' option was mounted.
Did you look there?

--
	Regards,

	Declan Moriarty

Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

	A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

Experience is like a comb,
that Life gives you - AFTER all your hair has fallen out!
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org