Aaargh fonts!

Chris Jensen chris-lfs at drspirograph.com
Mon Aug 5 05:15:25 PDT 2002

Hi,
I don't have a very good printer at home, so I like to take things to uni to
print, but since I'm using open office I need to put the documents in a nice
portable format, so I use KDE's print to pdf feature. Trouble is open office
is definately not WYSIWIG. The text always seems to come out in the PDF in
bold. I've tried Arial, Arial Narrow and Times New Roman. The text looks very
nice in Open Office, but then comes out different in the pdf - how do I fix
this.
I've tried viewing it in xpdf, kghost and Acrobat with the same results -
except that xpdf doesn't render arial narrow at all!

--
Chris Jensen

Public Key: http://drspirograph.com/public_key/

Wait: Did you know that there's a direct correlation between the decline of
Spirograph and the rise in gang activity?  Think about it.
- Dr Spirograph (The Simpsons)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org