Search Engine

James Drabb JDrabb at cfl.rr.com
Mon Aug 5 18:12:02 PDT 2002

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002 20:42:28 -0400
James Drabb <JDrabb at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> Hello group,
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions for a site search engine?  I am looking
> at ht://dig and ASPSeek.  I have a php site that I need the user to be
> able to search.  I don't need top notch searching.  I would like the user
> to be able to search page title and the text content.  I do need to block
> certain directories from beining indexed since there are some include
> files that have passwords etc.  The search engine will need to search php
> pages since most of the site is php and only a few html files.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim Drabb
>
> --
> James Drabb JR - Programmer Analyst - Orlando, FL - JDrabb at cfl.rr.com

Another thing I just realized is I don't think a spider type
of searc engine will work.  The web site dynamically generates
many html links depending on who you login as and what credentials you
have.  The site is also protected by Nettegrity so a spider type of
search engine won't be able to login.  I really only need a page indexer
that will search throught the html and php pages and index the static text
and allow a user to search that.  For example, one php page has company
benefit information that doesn't change often.  I would like a user to
be able to enter a search for a word/phrase in that page and the search
engine will show a link to that page.

Thanks for any help,

Jim Drabb

James Drabb JR - Programmer Analyst - Orlando, FL - JDrabb at cfl.rr.com