smbd doesn't start

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Tue Aug 6 10:00:54 PDT 2002

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 06:43:10PM +0200, Sebastian Meisel wrote:
> For some reason i can't find, but liked to know smbd doesn't start, giving
> no error message.
> I (try to) run it $> /usr/local/sbin/smbd

What is the output of 'ps xa'? Is it there? Also, don't you need to run
the nameserver (nmbd), as well for Windows to find the computer?

--
Archaic

--
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain
occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.  It will often be

- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Abigail Adams, 1787

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org