Can fcron kill and restart itself?

Cameron Thorne zeke1138 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 6 18:05:16 PDT 2002

I am writing a backup script for my LFS system.  I want the script started
by fcron each night, but part of the script is that it switches to single
user mode, does its backup and housekeeping, and switches back to runlevel
3.   In my current setup fcron isn't running in level 1.  Will the script
continue to execute once started?  So the script would kill fcron and then
come back and start it again.

Will that pose any problems, or will the script die when fcron is killed (or
at some other point in time)?

-- Cameron

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org