Trouble compiling gcc 3.1 on lfs host system

Steven Stimpson none at none.org
Tue Aug 6 16:01:07 PDT 2002

Steven Stimpson wrote:

> here is the output strange as it may seem...
>
> stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/
> -DIN_GCC  -g -O2 -W -Wall -Write-strings _Wstrict-prototypes
> -Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long
> -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -static -o cpp0 cppmain.o \
> intl.o libcpp.a ../libiberty/libiberty.a
> stage1/xgcc: no such file or directory
> bash-2.05a# /usr/bin/ld: final link failed :no space left on device
>
> both hard drives have plenty of free space unless I am reading
> misinterpreting the error.....
>
> any help appreciated
> Steven

I can't help you But I also had that exact same problem compiling xmms the
other day with gcc 3.1. when i ran df on the offending drive it showed only
33 percent usage. I figured maybe i had too many little files around and i
was out of inodes so i deleted the kernel source tree temporarily and that
still didn't make the compiler happy. good luck but i think it might be an
ugly bug.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org