X11 configuration

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Wed Aug 7 02:38:30 PDT 2002

Was it adam bozanich who wrote on Wednesday 07 August 2002 01:59:

> Thank you very much.  That helped a lot.  I can now get to the point where
> the test screen comes up correctly (with the X for the mouse and the
> lattice background), however the screen gets stuck there.  The only way to
> get out is ctrl+alt+F2, but then when i attempt to reboot my system, i get
> back to the test screen and it freezes there.  I don't want to have to keep
> turning off my system with out properly shutting down, what ells could i
> do?

check /var/log/XFree86.0.log.  I'll bet some video module isn't loading
correctly or is messing things up for you. Try not loading that, and check
you have a working screen, and working video mode.

--
	Regards,

	Declan Moriarty

Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

	A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

Experience is like a comb,
that Life gives you - AFTER all your hair has fallen out!
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org