modprobe?

Rob 'Feztaa' Park feztaa at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 7 22:43:22 PDT 2002

Alas! adam bozanich spake thus:
> Hi everybody.  I think I have a simple problem, but I don't know how to fix
> it.  when I start up, I get these messages:
>
> modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-10-135

I had that problem too, but I fixed it so long ago that I forgot what
the fix is. It's in the mail archives somewhere if you want to search
for it (try google even).

It has something to do with a kernel module that linux is expecting, but
that you didn't enable when you compiled your kernel.

I think if you do something in your /etc/modules.conf file, it'll fix it
(alias it to nothing or something like that).

> (and later)
>
> /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifup-eth0: modprobe: command not found

$PATH set correctly?

--
Rob 'Feztaa' Park
http://members.shaw.ca/feztaa/