Sizeproblem ext2 while saving files on reiser

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Thu Aug 8 02:30:25 PDT 2002

Was it R. Bosch who wrote on Wednesday 07 August 2002 22:36:
[snip sad tale of woe]

Like every kid cuts his own hair once with disastrous results, you're allowed
one of those in your life. You've used that up now ;-). Next time we slag you
off.

> Is there an undelete scheme around for reiser I missed while searching?

Not that I know of. You still have hex editors.

> Is ext2 realy retarded that the limit is still 2G?

No. I have 3 gig partitions. It all depends on the lies you tell to the ide
interface. The only existing 2 gig limit afaik was with the 'large' disk
access mode. Since linux doesn't use the bios anyhow, this is acedemic. I
presume you're on chs or the older lba. It does cause me to wonder how big
does fdisk think the partition is. It was screwed up, remember.

--
	Regards,

	Declan Moriarty

Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

	A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

Experience is like a comb,
that Life gives you - AFTER all your hair has fallen out!
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org