Sizeproblem ext2 while saving files on reiser

Andrew Calkin calkina at ece.curtin.edu.au
Thu Aug 8 01:07:28 PDT 2002

> > Is ext2 realy retarded that the limit is still 2G?

If you mean the maximum file size limit, I had this problem once. If i
remember correctly, I tried to dd 4 cd's worth of partial files i made on
another system together. The resulting tar file would have been 2.2Gb, but I
reached the 2Gb limit and it gave an error msg and stopped. IIRC, it was not
an issue with ext2 fs, but instead a kernel option. I got the src's for
2.4.18, compiled with "support file sizes >2Gb" (i cannot remember the exact
option) on, and I was allowed to make the 2.2Gb tar file.

Hope this helps,
Andrew.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org