smbd doesn't start

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Thu Aug 8 14:30:40 PDT 2002

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 10:16:05PM +0100, Mark Hymers wrote:
> On Wed, 07, Aug, 2002 at 01:49:19PM +0200, Oliver Brakmann spoke thus..
> > As a lot of programs create their own directories in /var/run and /var/lock
> > (samba, leafnode, ...), it's probably best to not re-create the directories
> > in the init scripts, but to delete all the files within those directories
> > only, ie.:
> >
> > find /var/{run,lock} -not -type d -exec rm {} \;
> > evaluate_retval
> >
> > This was mentioned some time ago on lfs-dev, IIRC.
>
> That's a nicer solution.  I'll send a patch to the lfs-bootscripts
> direct to Gerard.

Here's an even nice solution:

use --with-lockdir=/var/lock when configuring it for install. All files
will be in /var/lock without any subdirectories. :)

--
Archaic

--
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.  Suspect every one who
approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but

- Patrick Henry, speech of June 5 1788

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org