smbd doesn't start

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 8 15:25:11 PDT 2002

On Thu, 08, Aug, 2002 at 04:35:00PM -0500, Archaic spoke thus..
> On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 04:30:40PM -0500, Archaic wrote:
> > > That's a nicer solution.  I'll send a patch to the lfs-bootscripts
> > > direct to Gerard.
> >

> > Here's an even nice solution:
> >
> > use --with-lockdir=/var/lock when configuring it for install. All files
> > will be in /var/lock without any subdirectories. :)
>
> Oops! Just reread the original email. *blush* What programs are creating
> directories in /var/{lock,run}? Is there a way of stoping that activity
> like the example I gave with samba?

Actually, you probably can override most programs behaviour but it seems
cleaner to me just to remove the actual files in /var/{lock,run} anyways
for those b0rken apps which misbehave (it'd have saved me a trip to my
mother's house which is reason enough for me to recommended it... our
dog always slobbers on me when I go there).

Mark

markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org