/etc/ppp/ip-up not working

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Fri Aug 9 02:20:19 PDT 2002

Was it Daniel Brewer who wrote on Thursday 08 August 2002 13:32:
> Thanks for putting me straight on the mandrake side of things.
> I am not using wvdial just pppd with scripts taken from PPP-HOWTO (I
> think)
>
> Dan

I would reccomend wvdial as the lazy way. Of course, if you're doing a thesis
on tcp/ip and the most difficult ways of accomplishing it, fine ;-). With
wvdial, it's all lazy,  and reliable. Even if you only reverse engineer it.
My (local) isp cannot be reached with any chat script I've ever devised. I
give it my username when it asks, and my password, and it won't accept them.
When wvdial does it at speed, it's fine.

--
	Regards,

	Declan Moriarty

Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

	A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

Experience is like a comb,
that Life gives you - AFTER all your hair has fallen out!
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org