/etc/ppp/ip-up not working

Andrew Calkin calkina at ece.curtin.edu.au
Fri Aug 9 00:55:37 PDT 2002

I had a problem similar to this once. Does your ISP only accept PAP
authentication? If so, scripts that use SLIP style authentication won't work.
I found this out once before when playing with my old host system. Luckily,
my ISP is fairly linux friendly, and they tell you how to set up PAP
authentication on their site.
http://www.iinet.net.au/support/linux/index.html
So I only use pppd and chat to log onto the net, and also understand more of
how the connection process works.

Hope this helps other people,
Regards,
Andrew.