/etc/ppp/ip-up not working

Daniel Brewer d.brewer at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Aug 9 03:06:02 PDT 2002

I think I might of confused people by not explaining my problem
properly.  What I meant to say is that I have a dial-up connection
working perfectly well using the ppp HOWTO scripts.
The problem is that is does not execute the /etc/ppp/ip-up script.  I
have changed the mode so it is executable and it is owned by root.  The
script works fine if you run it manually after a connection has been
made but it does not automatically execute it went the link is
established.
This is what it looks like:

#!/bin/sh -vx
/usr/local/games/fortune