smbd doesn't start

Oliver Brakmann obrakmann at gmx.net
Thu Aug 8 15:56:26 PDT 2002

Archaic wrote...

> Oops! Just reread the original email. *blush* What programs are creating
> directories in /var/{lock,run}?
> Is there a way of stoping that activity like the example I gave with samba?

At least leafnode in the default install does (/var/lock/news).
The comment I wrote in my boot script when I changed that line
also mentions PAM, which I don't use. But I must have written it
down there for some reason... :-)

OTOH, you never know what obscure software packages LFS users might
install. Relying on the ability to just change the path to lock
and pid files might therefore not be the best solution.

Bye,
Oliver
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org