Please guide me in alsa installation?
Seng Huat Yeoh
stanleyshyeoh at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 9 06:00:32 PDT 2002
I went through alsa's installation in the BLFS book. However, XMMS still
unable to detect my soundcard. I'm using an MSI KT333-Ultra mobo with
1) Before installation, I've checked that my kernel has,
<M> Sound card support
<M> OSS sound modules
2) I proceed to install the driver with:
--with-sequencer=yes --with-oss=yes \
3) Modified /etc/modules.conf and substituted <soundcard> with via8233. I
skipped the /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsa and /etc/sysconfig/alsa scripts altogether
and ignored creating symlinks in rc.#.d directories.
4) Ran ./snddevices
5) Installing alsa-lib and alsa-utils. Did not install alsa-oss-lib and
also-tools because I couldn't run ./configure in both of their source
6) Configure alsa by making symlinks /dev/sndstat->/proc/asound/sndstat.
Finally chmod-ed device permissions.
I basically followed the alsa installation in blfs. Am I missing
something? If there's anything helpful I've yet to provide, let me know.
I know I'm missing alot of things.
Join the worlds largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org
and put 'unsubscribe blfs-support' in the subject header of the message
More information about the blfs-support