smbd doesn't start

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Aug 9 08:20:56 PDT 2002

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 12:56:26AM +0200, Oliver Brakmann wrote:
> OTOH, you never know what obscure software packages LFS users might
> install. Relying on the ability to just change the path to lock
> and pid files might therefore not be the best solution.

Yes, I see how the bootscript change would be the easiest. That point I
do not argue. But I've been thinking, isn't one of the purposes of LFS
to know where everything is, what it does, how it got there, and how to
move it where you want? In that case, since it's just a pid file or a
lock file (both temporary), I wouldn't want it to create a permanent
directory.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Archaic

--
If a thousand men were not to pay their tax-bills this year, that would
... [be] the definition of a peaceable revolution, if any such is

- Henry David Thoreau

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org