/etc/ppp/ip-up not working

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Fri Aug 9 09:41:50 PDT 2002

Was it Mark Ellis who wrote on Friday 09 August 2002 15:19:
> On 2002.08.09 12:25 Daniel Brewer wrote:
> > Kernel = 2.4.18
> > pppd = 2.4.1
> >
> > What kernel and pppd version are you using ?
>
> I'm only on ppp 2.4.0, you'd presume they'd fix it rather than make it
> worse, but who knows :)

Can I make a suggestion here? Anyone who tries to figure out pppd in these
parts and tries to train it usually ends up in a home for the bewildered. It
comes somewhere between 'acid' (LSD) and heroin in brain wrecking capability.
There is, however, a pppd list run, I think, from vger.kernel.org using
majordomo iirc. try 'lists in the body of an e-mail to
majordomo at vger.kernel.org. I had to get on to it when pppd broke
compatability with earlier versions some time back, and some nice guy even
wrote a patch for my machine! Guys understand this stuff there, and find
their life's fullfillment in helping others out.

I try to pretend pppd isn't there - it's wvdial or suchlike that I talk to.

--
	Regards,

	Declan Moriarty

Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

	A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

Experience is like a comb,
that Life gives you - AFTER all your hair has fallen out!
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org