/etc/ppp/ip-up not working

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Fri Aug 9 08:53:36 PDT 2002

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Daniel Brewer wrote:

> Oh and I am not using dial on demand just ppp-on ppp-off

Have you considered integrating it using if-up and if-down?
I had much trouble getting it working on my RH 6.0 until
I realized that none of the three books mentioned if-up
and if-down. I set up the ifcfg-ppp0 stuff it needed and began
calling if-up ppp0 from console/terminal and/or cron. Smooth
sailing eversince. I also use only chat and various ppp utils.

> Dan

Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org