Samba

Tony Karakashian tkarakashian at RochesterMidland.com
Fri Aug 9 13:13:13 PDT 2002

1.  When you mapped, did you choose the option to login as a different user?

-T

-----Original Message-----
From: James Drabb [mailto:JDrabb at darden.com]
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 4:10 PM
To: Blfs-Support (E-mail)
Subject: Samba

Hello group,

I am having two problems with setting up some samba shares that I hope someone
can shed some light on.

1.  When I try to map a drive from windows to my Linux Samba I get
    "The account is not authorized to log in from this station".

2.  I set up a share named web that points to /usr/apache2/htdocs.  If I
    connect from the local Linux box to test the share I only see the
    files under the root folder of /usr/apache2/htdocs.  I do not see any of
    the sub folders.

Thanks for any help,

Jim Drabb

Did you know that to shut down a windows peecee, you go to
the "Start" menu?  Weird.
James Drabb JR
Programmer Analyst
Darden Restaurants