Samba

Tony Karakashian tkarakashian at RochesterMidland.com
Fri Aug 9 17:54:00 PDT 2002

The lack of subdirectories is odd.  Is browesable=yes? Stupid question: is root listed in "invalid users"?

-----Original Message-----
From: James Drabb [mailto:JDrabb at cfl.rr.com]
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 5:00 PM
To: blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: Re: Samba

On Friday, August 09, 2002 7:23 PM Archaic wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 04:09:47PM -0400, James Drabb wrote:
>> Hello group,
>>
>> I am having two problems with setting up some samba shares that I
>> hope someone can shed some light on.
>>
>> 1.  When I try to map a drive from windows to my Linux Samba I get
>>     "The account is not authorized to log in from this station".
>
> Did you use the smbpasswd tool? And make sure that the username
> correlates to a real user on the Linux box (either directly or map a
> samba name to a username).
>
> --
> Archaic
>
> --
> "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent
> revolution inevitable."
>
> - John F. Kennedy

Yeah,  I did smbpasswd -a root and then from a windows client I try
to map to the drive as that user but it does not work.  I think
I am forgeting some config file option(s).  If I mount the drive
on the Linux server that samba is running on, it still is not working
correctly.  I have a share named web that points to /usr/apache2/htdocs
and if I mount it like:
mount -t smbfs //jim-linux/web /mnt/share
I get prompted for a password and then the share is mounted.  However
under /mnt/share, I do not get any sub-directories.???

Jim Drabb

James Drabb JR - Programmer Analyst - Orlando, FL - JDrabb at cfl.rr.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org