Samba

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Fri Aug 9 18:48:51 PDT 2002

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 07:59:48PM -0400, James Drabb wrote:
> I get prompted for a password and then the share is mounted.  However
> under /mnt/share, I do not get any sub-directories.???

smb.conf can be very long and tedious, or short and sweet. Here is mine.
I've been using it for a year now. The only thing I would change is
this; if you have a windows client on this network that gets shutdown
and restarted while samba is running on linux, then you will need to
force samba to not become master browser. If Windows can't be master
browser, it flakes out. :)

[global]
        workgroup = PATRIOT
        netbios name = TANK
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        log file = /var/log/samba.%m
        max log size = 50
        dns proxy = No
[fileserver]
        path = /fileserver
        valid users = archaic
        read only = No
        create mask = 0660
        security mask = 0600
        directory mask = 0700
        directory security mask = 0700

--
Archaic

--
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and
hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless

- H.L. Mencken

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org