monitor modes in X

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Sat Aug 10 05:58:17 PDT 2002

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002 12:06:48 +0000 (UTC)
RichardJenniss at TelusPlanet.net (Richard Jenniss) wrote:

> My eye's are bleeding literally from the 60Hz refresh rate.
>
> This was so easy to do in windows, yet more complicated in Linux.

If I were you, I'd just crank up the pixel rate until the picture
becomes unstable, and then back it off (say) 2%.

Works for me. Most (99.99% of monitors, and ALL 17" ones) wont let you
use modelines that are too far out of spec.

My Iiyama was 'configured' by this method and is working wonderfully,
despite being left on all day, every day, for 3 years.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org