console display and keyboard cleanup

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Aug 10 08:00:11 PDT 2002

On Sat, 10, Aug, 2002 at 07:27:41AM -0700, Alan Womack spoke thus..
> Now I need some help with:
>
> getting my number pad to not put sequences into my documents when I use VI

Turn NumLock on? ;-)
See http://beyond.linuxfromscratch.org/view/cvs/postlfs/vimrc.html
and see if that helps

See http://beyond.linuxfromscratch.org/view/cvs/postlfs/inputrc.html

> getting my directory e.g. ls listings in color

alias ls='ls --color=auto' in .bash_profile

HTH

Mark

"I got off at Durham... and fell in love with it instantly.  Why, it's
 wonderful - a perfect little city.  If you have never been to Durham, go
 there at once. Take my car. It's wonderful."
     Notes from a Small Island, Bill Bryson
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org