LILO

Jesper Brodersen broeman at k64.dk
Sat Aug 10 09:19:49 PDT 2002

Hey all,
when talking about LILO it normally is
a LFS-problem and not a BLFS, but I might
disagree in this case :)

To install LFS, I used another harddisk (hdb) than
my original one (Mandrake-hda). And by
followring the instructions from LFS I got
Mandrake's LILO to work, and can boot into
my LFS-system.

Now I want to unplug the mandrake harddisk
and run LFS on my computer without the help
of mandrake.

I made a bootdisk (from the grub-bootdisk-hint)
and it boots nicely into the system.

Next step was to setup lilo.conf and run lilo.

When I then rebooted, I am seeing a lot of 1 and 0s, and
the system stops.

anybody knows how to solve me out of that problem, should
I change master boot record or something?

sincerly
Jesper Brodersen
mail: broeman at k64.dk
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org