smbd doesn't start

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Sat Aug 10 11:31:35 PDT 2002

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 09:50:05PM +0200, Oliver Brakmann wrote:
> Yes, I'm with you there all the way. But the sad truth is that you
> can't expect every software package to cooperate :-/

I guess that depends on how determined you are. :) Think about all the
work it took to force all the LFS packages to go right where Gerard and
the FHS wanted them? Some were easy, granted, but some they had to work
at.

I for one, am glad they did. I never really got the hang of the
filesystem heirarchy until I started using LFS.

--
Archaic

--
The Constitution is not neutral. It was designed to take the government
off the backs of the people.

- Justice William O. Douglas

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org