monitor modes in X

Richard Jenniss RichardJenniss at TelusPlanet.net
Sat Aug 10 06:41:20 PDT 2002

Ehehe. I couldn't find a monitor to the Manufacturer printed on my Monitor.
But in windows, most of the time, it recognizes the monitor as a Sampoo Alphascan 811.
Which is interesting cause the model number itself has 811 in it.

I tried those mode lines and wow, worked awesome. I think its the same tube.
I now have my beloved 1280x1024 at 85Hz resolution. I couldn't ask for more, but, I want to figure out more stuff so I will ehehe

I also got the NVIDIA kernel and GLX module working with X4.2
I should write a hint, the make files for both are flakey.

KDE isn't playing sounds, I use ALSA and I'm not sure what to do, completely.

I will toy with printing and scanning tonight, as well as Apache SSL & PHP on my cross compiled x86 p100 box.

Awesome, Linux is as addictive as crack cocaine.
Drugs are bad, but Linux is good!

Thanks guys, you all rock!
Richard.