What tool to use?

Mark A. Nicolosi markan at penguinmail.com
Sat Aug 10 18:20:55 PDT 2002

Rob 'Feztaa' Park wrote:

> Alas! Bill Maltby LFS Related spake thus:
> > OOPS, OOPS - last try.
> >
> >     $(VAR%%:\..*)
>
> or:
>
> sed -e 's/\..*$//' -e 's/_/ /g'
>
> --
> Rob 'Feztaa' Park
> http://members.shaw.ca/feztaa/
> --
> "I will make no bargains with terrorist hardware."
> -- Peter da Silva
> --

Thanks Rob, this works great. I'd like to understand it. I did figure
out I needed sed, but I couldn't find in documentation on sed or regular
expressions on my system (the man pages and info weren't enough). I've
got
to search on google for a tutorial about regular expressions!

Thanks,
Mark A. Nicolosi
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org