Samba

Richard Jenniss RichardJenniss at TelusPlanet.net
Sun Aug 11 03:20:29 PDT 2002

I've entered into this thread late. I appologize if I'm off course.

I've gotten encrypted passwords to work fine between Samba on NetBSD (from source)
to work with Windows 98.

For windows 98 you need to have, I believe, Client for microsoft networks as you logon.
>From there, the username and password you use to log onto windows with must be identical to that in your smbpasswd file.

If I missed the question entiredly, could you repost it on your next answer to someone's suggestion?
Good luck,
Richard.