Samba

Archaic archaic at comcast.net
Sun Aug 11 11:32:53 PDT 2002

On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 10:49:36AM -0400, root wrote:
> with win 98, u need to disable the encrypted passwords that win98 uses, to do
> this, run regedit. the edit is in a file called network.txt in thewindows
> directory.

Why would you want to change a value in the registry as opposed to
adding "encrypt passwords=yes". They both take the smae amount of time
(except you probably have to reboot windows :) ) but one method sends
clear text passwords and the other does not.

--
Archaic

--
"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action, according to our will, within
limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."

- Thomas Jefferson

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org