kde and xemacs (not related)

adam bozanich adambozanich at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 11 12:56:39 PDT 2002

Hi all.  I have a few of problems that I am trying to fix

1) I have been using fluxbox and I decided to re-compile emacs to work in x.
After I did that, and i start emacs from inside fluxbox, there are boxes
where there should be letters.  The only remedy is to change the font, but
only one works and it's 16 point font (too big).  Anywase, I don't want the
-with-x option anywas, and when i re-compile w/out it again, it still
starts the xemacs crap in flux box.

2) I have installed kde base (with all of it's dep's) and I can't get it to
work.  X starts up well, then crashes with this message:

/root/.xinitrc: exec: startkde: not found

3) XFree86 is using ~/XF86Config, and when i move it to /etc/X11/XF86Config,
x won't start.  I think i want it to use /etc/x11/xf86config, any
suggestions?

thanks

Adam  <----newbie
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org