Radeon 8500 & DRI

Arnaud none at ingenierie.org
Sun Aug 11 16:39:38 PDT 2002

On Sun, Aug 11, 2002, Ron Keller wrote:
> I have a Radeon 8500LE video card.   I couldn't get DRI to work
> using the instructions in the BLFS_CVS book.  I got hold of
> sources from gatos and now DRI works, according to
> XFree86.0.log.  If I execute glxgears from an xterm window, it
> freezes up the whole system and the only way I can get out of it
> is to press the reset button.
>
> This is an LFS system with XFre-4.2.0 installed, and with zlib,
> libmng, libpng,etc.  It us running on an Athlon XP2000+
>
> Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> RK
> --

hi,
i have a 8500 too and i use fglr200 driver whith xfree-4.2,
and i have the same probleme, but i dont understand enought in dri,
and i 'm looking for the dri project but it 'not clear for me,

the log say fglr200(0):DRIScreenInit failed!.

the other probleme i have with ,i can't change to 16bit,if i want
it's bloqued with 24, not important u can say, but i think sometime,
its better to can choose with 16 bits.

if someone can tell me more about dri, please my english is poor,
don't be nasty with me...

at the same time when i play a divx with mplayer in fullscreen,
there are lag, with a 64ddr it's make me crazy and i swith too 800x600,
the causes is the dri?
are there another problem?
i can't play divx with gl driver that is normal(-vo gl)?¿

none
mail:none at ingenierie.org
Quel est la difference entre une chauve souris et...
merde m'en rappele plus, tantpis.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org