sendmail

adam bozanich adambozanich at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 11 23:18:35 PDT 2002

I have been installing sendmail in accordance with the instructions in the
help section of lfs.  when I try to start the service with

/etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail restart

I get this:

Starting Sendmail... /etc/mail/sendmail.mc:4: /usr/bin/m4: Cannot open
/etc/mail/domain/generic.m4: No such file or directory
*** ERROR: No system type defined (use OSTYPE macro)
makemap: Need to recompile with -DNEWDB for hash support
554 5.0.0 /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 134: readcf: map virtuser: class hash
not available
554 5.0.0 /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 137: readcf: map access: class hash
not available

I don't really understand the sh Make commands used to install this package,
but I have tried many combo's containing -DNEWDB, and I can't get it to
work.  Any suggestions would be great.  Thank you
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org