dhcpd instructions in CVS - yet missing stuff..

Joao Clemente jpcl at rnl.ist.utl.pt
Mon Aug 12 19:00:42 PDT 2002

Hello.
I reported some days ago that ddns-update-style was missing in dhcpd.conf

I still hadn't tried to run the package 'till today, when I found out that something more was missing:
Has the dhcp hint states, you need to touch /var/state/dhcp/dhcpd.leases, as we conclude from seeing the following error message provided by dhcpd:

"
Can't open lease database /var/state/dhcp/dhcpd.leases: No such file or directory --
  check for failed database rewrite attempt!
"

Well, after this I still can't get dhcpd to work, but by seeing the following message I'm quite sure that I'll need a kernel recompile to get it working..
"socket: Protocol not available - make sure
CONFIG_PACKET (Packet socket) and CONFIG_FILTER
(Socket Filtering) are enabled in your kernel
configuration!
"

Greetings and thank you

--
                             João Pedro Clemente - jpcl @ rnl.ist.utl.pt
                             Linux 2.4.16 (LFS 3.1) on a i686 - up 2:05

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org