J2SDK 1.4.0: SEGV

Richard rgollub at uninet.com.br
Tue Aug 13 04:13:11 PDT 2002

Richard wrote:

<snip>
> thought out as to details like that one. Will keep you posted on the
> outcome of compiling for i386 (or i486 more appropriately, judging from
> info gathered from the makefiles.)
<snip>

	As promised, I report my finding: with '-O2 -march=i386' the demo DOES
NOT segv any more, running smoothly.

	However, that is not the end of the story. Not all is hunkey-dorey:
there is a demo entry CLIPPING::pear that hangs in a endless loop
regardless whether -march is set to i686 or i386. In view of another
thread in lfs-dev (loadkeys), a huge black cloud looms over gcc-3.1...

	Richard
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org