XFree86 resolution

Oliver Martin oliver.martin at i-one.at
Tue Aug 13 05:46:24 PDT 2002

Bill Maltby LFS Related schrieb:

> There is your solution for the valid rates! See what windows lets you
> use and use that for Linux.

That didn't work. Every time I try to start X, I get the error messages

(WW) NV(0): Mode pool is empty
(EE) NV(0): No valid modes found
(II) UnloadModule: "nv"
(II) UnloadModule: "i2c"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libi2c.a
(II) UnloadModule: "ddc"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libddc.a
(II) UnloadModule: "vgahw"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libvgahw.a
(II) UnloadModule: "int10"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/linux/libint10.a
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

My Monitor section looks as follows:

Section "Monitor"