XFree86 resolution

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Tue Aug 13 10:21:42 PDT 2002

Was it Bruce Dubbs who wrote on Tuesday 13 August 2002 15:49:
> Oliver Martin wrote:
> > (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.
> >
> > Fatal server error:
> > no screens found
> >
> > My Monitor section looks as follows:
> >
> > Section "Monitor"
> >     Identifier   "Monitor0"
> >     VendorName   "SIE"
> >     ModelName    "Xpert 710"
> >     HorizSync    70
>
> Try using 30-70 here.  The values can be a range. You aren't giving X a
> chance.

I would be a little more cautious. I would put 30-45, then up it by 5 khz per
restart until you get up and going . My fastest monitor only does 62 khz

> >     VertRefresh  70
>
> Try using 60-75 here

You can usually put 50-90 here without danger. If the screen rolls, fiddle
with this. But it won't.

--
	Regards,

	Declan Moriarty

Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

	A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

Experience is like a comb,
that Life gives you - AFTER all your hair has fallen out!
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org