Weird Tux Colours

James Drabb JDrabb at darden.com
Tue Aug 13 09:47:18 PDT 2002

I did the following to fix tux.  He wouldn't go away unless I switched
vc's.

echo -e "\033c" > /etc/motd
echo "Welcome to Jim's LFS Linux" >> /etc/motd

Now when I log in, the scren is cleared and tux goes away.
You can also put something similar in /etc/issue if you like.

Never ask a geek why, just nod your head and slowly back away
James Drabb JR
Programmer Analyst
Darden Restaurants
Business Systems