Conflicting Directions in BLFS & DRI compilation Guide?

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Tue Aug 13 18:03:29 PDT 2002

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Jerry Hoover wrote:
>
>> When compiling the kernel to install direct rendering the blfs book
>> reads to ENABLE dri? in the kernel and the DRI compilation Guide site
>> reads to DISABLE dri? Whitch one should I go with? I have not yet got
>> it running right!
>>  I Have gone though and built another lfs from scratch system and am
>> about to compile and install the kernal for the first time at the end
>> of ch #8 lfs. and would like to compile in the right options the
>> first time . I use a radeon 64 mgb vidio card.
>
> I found that enabling DRI drivers was necessary for proper linkages.
>  The DRI instructions then have you overwrite the older files.  If you
> find different procedures that work, keep detailed notes and let me
> know.   -- Bruce

I'm in the process of figuring it out myself...  CVS failed to build
tho, so I'm waiting a day or so and gonna redo the checkout and see what
happens. Get an error in 'make install'
Don't specifically remember what the error was however, but I do have it
documented (on an ext3 partition which isn't availible right now).  I'll
update when I get it working.  Jerry, anything you find would be greatly
appreciated.

DJ

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org