smtp query

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Wed Aug 14 07:59:05 PDT 2002

	I still (blush) have mail on my mandrake system while I'm run off my feet
here. I am having trouble sending with kppp, kmail, and sendmail as the
programs.

I had a file of 2.1megs to send. I cancelled it after it had sent 6MB! When I
look at the stats in kppp, I find
vjcomp in = 0
vjunc in = 0
vjerr =0

On the transmit side, however, I get, vjcomp out and vjunc out as ever
increasing numbers while I'm sending. Non-vj on the transmit side is always
fixed at 25 for some reason. It appears to be sending 1kb packets, and
receiving 500 byte ones. Is this normal, or is my isp an (expletive deleted)?
--
	Regards,

	Declan Moriarty

Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

	A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

Experience is like a comb,
that Life gives you - AFTER all your hair has fallen out!
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org