How to enable japanese font support?

Seng Huat Yeoh stanleyshyeoh at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 15 02:08:19 PDT 2002

Hi,

Following BLFS's book,  I have installed X Windows and its subsequent guide
to installing TTF.   My system's environment is in English by default which
I have no intention of changing.

The problem is I view a lot of japanese websites (Mozilla), save a lot of
mp3s in japanese fonts and plan to write japanese characters in OpenOffice
or GIMP (both yet to be installed).   But viewing japanese fonts in Mozilla
is my main concern.

I wonder, is it simply downloading japanese TTF packs (any available?) and
putting it into /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/ ?

I really have no idea where to start looking.

Regards,
Stanley Yeoh

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org