XFree and NVidia GLX hint

Oliver Martin oliver.martin at i-one.at
Thu Aug 15 02:25:04 PDT 2002

Hello,
I wanted to follow the XFree86 NVidia GLX hint, so I compiled both the
kernel- and GLX module. But when I set the card driver to nvidia in
XF86Config, X doesn't start. It says it couldn't intialize the NVdriver
kernel module. I'm using Xfree86 4.2, kernel 2.4.19 and the NVidia
drivers 1.0-2960. I got an error during compilation of the kernel
module, but that was some invalid action after the module has been
compiled. As I can load the module manually, I think that's not the
problem. I copied it to /lib/modules/2.4.19/kernel/drivers/char/agp/.
The file size is 1115346 bytes. Is that correct?
--
Oliver

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org