StarOffice installation problem

David Ayers fogey at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 15 18:38:10 PDT 2002

I have been using StarOffice 6.0 on my host system (COL e2.4) and am
trying to install it on LFS (kernel 2.4.8 and XF86 4.2). When I run the
setup program, I get the following:

$ ./setup
glibc version: 2.2.5
I18N: X Window System doesn't support locale "C"
pure virtual method called
$

Can anyone give me a 30 second description of what "locale C" is? My first
impulse is to re-install X and pay closer attention, but if I can change
the configuration to add the missing support, I would rather do that and
maybe learn something in the process.

In my /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/C are two files: XI18N_OBJS and
XLC_LOCALE. So where do I go from here?

Thanks,

Dave

--