alsa problem

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Fri Aug 16 03:09:59 PDT 2002

On 2002.08.16 09:44 Mark Ellis wrote:

>> [root at lfs etc]# ls -l /dev/snd*
>> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           16 Oct 15 13:41 /dev/snd ->
>> /proc/asound/dev/
>> crw-rw----    1 root     audio     14,   6 Oct 15 13:41 /dev/sndstat
>> [root at lfs etc]#
>>

> This looks wrong, whats the /dev/snd symlink doing there ?
> BLFS has something about /dev/sndstat being a symlink, maybe
> thats what you were after, though i've never used it. Rmmod
> your sound modules, remove that symlink. Then if your using
> devfs just reload the modules, otherwise run the snddevices
> script in the alsa-driver package.
>
> Mark

Oh i see, its in the snddevices script, with nary a mention anywhere
else, bit daft. Ugly idea IMHO, probably should work though, not sure
how well autoloading modules will deal with it. Assuming you do have
a static dev I would get rid of the symlink, edit snddevices to change
the STATIC variable to 1 and rerun the script, but maybe i'm just a
purist and think linking to device nodes in /proc is just wrong.

Mark
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org