alsa problem

Richard Lightman richard at nezumi.plus.com
Fri Aug 16 02:28:59 PDT 2002

* Georg Schinnerl <a_d_s_o_n at gmx.at> [2002-08-16 08:02]:
> From: "James Drabb" <JDrabb at cfl.rr.com>
> > On Tuesday, October 15, 2002 7:34 PM <Georg Schinnerl> wrote:
> > > i can't get ALSA to play some sound ....
> >
> > Did you remember to turn up the volume?  Run alsamixer.
> >
> yes i did that
>
> i read through several other threads about alsa and that was the first thing
> i tried ....

As you can understand, you are going to get lots of replies like this.
You had lots of useful information in you first post, but it would
have been good if you had said this too:

Sound output works on my head-rat/Suzie/Mandragora installation.
Here is the output of amixer:
Group 'Master',0
  Capabilities: volume mute jointly-mute capture exclusive-capture
  Capture exclusive group: 1
  Channels: Front-Left Front-Right
  Limits: min = 0, max = 63
  Front-Left: 49 [78%] [on] [---]