alsa 0.9rc3

Oliver Martin oliver.martin at i-one.at
Sat Aug 17 21:18:36 PDT 2002

Hi,
I've just compiled alsa-0.9rc3 (driver, lib, utils) using gcc-3.1.1.
When I try to run alsamixer, it only prints "alsamixer: function
snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such file or directory". I compiled
the alsa-drivers package with support for the via686 chipset as I have a
vt82c686b onboard sound controller. My modules.conf file contains the
following:
alias char-major-116 snd
options snd snd_major=116 snd_cards_limit=1
alias snd-card-0 snd-card-via686
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
post-install snd-card-via686 /usr/sbin/alsactl restore
I don't know if this is correct as I didn't really know what to put for
the <soundcard> pieces. I just put the same I used with the --with-cards
option when compiling alsa.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
--