Fonts! I'm so confused.

Seng Huat Yeoh stanleyshyeoh at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 18 05:02:23 PDT 2002

Hi,

I hardly understand how ttmkdir/fonts.dir/fonts.scale work.   After having
copied ms-sans-serif.ttf into /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/ and ran ttmkdir
 > fonts.dir, the contents of fonts.dir are updated to include the new font.

When running xfontsel,  the 'pxlsz' list only contain '*', '0' and '12'
options.   Why does other fonts like helvetica has various pxlsz to choose
from?

More importantly, I wish someone could explain to me the steps to take after
copying a ttf font into the TTF directory.    I really find these font stuff
rather confusing.

Regards,
Stanley Yeoh